Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using Xandros 2.0 Open Circulation Edition. I have a Realtek network card. It has discovered the drivers, and It's given me an IP address, I can see the other ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't connect to Internet

I'm using Xandros 2.0 Open Circulation Edition. I have a Realtek network card. It has discovered the drivers, and It's given me an IP address, I can see the other computers shaing on the windows network, but when I try to open up a website, it says the page cannot be found. This happened both on Konqurer and Opera. Any suggestions?

Just Joined!
    I have never used Xandros, but on some previous releases I have used I have had to manually specify in my network configuration the DNS servers IP addresses that the system should use. Once I have specified the DNS I have not had a problem connecting to the internet. Hope this helps.

Linux Engineer
    Depending on your network type, you will need to specify DNS and mabye the IP adress.
    Can you please post your setup so we can offer further assistance on your issue
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    As of now, I have manually entered in all of my DNS servers, and let DHCP do the rest, I am still unable to view any websites. I am however, able to see all the networked computers just fine.