Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Anonymous ftp user allow users without accounts to use FTP for retrieving "public" data. To do this, a user connects to an FTP server, offering anonymous as a userid, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation How to enforce password protection for anonymous ftp user??

Hi
    Anonymous ftp user allow users without accounts to use FTP for retrieving "public" data. To do this, a user connects to an FTP server, offering anonymous as a userid, and there will be no password.
    Can anyone tell me how to enforce password protection for anonymous ftp user?

Thanks in advance,
    G. Phani Babu.

Quote Originally Posted by g.phanibabu View Post
    Hi
    Anonymous ftp user allow users without accounts to use FTP for retrieving "public" data. To do this, a user connects to an FTP server, offering anonymous as a userid, and there will be no password.
    Can anyone tell me how to enforce password protection for anonymous ftp user?

Thanks in advance,
    G. Phani Babu.
    How about disabling the anonymous login? If you don't want that a user connects to the FTP without providing valid credentials, you really don't need anonymous!

Trusted Penguin
    Kloschüssel's advice is good, but I am curious - what Linux distro are you using, and more importantly, what FTP daemon? For example, by default on vsftpd (one of the more popular Linux ftp daemons), anonymous access is password-protected.