Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Im using wlan (wifi) connection at home to Internet. But I have Desktop PCs which doesnīt have Wifi card... Only laptops have...(So My Internet provider broadcast Internet via Wifi). ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wlancard -->Server (Firewall and DHCP) -->LAN

Hi
    Im using wlan (wifi) connection at home to Internet. But I have Desktop PCs which doesnīt have Wifi card... Only laptops have...(So My Internet provider broadcast Internet via Wifi).

Now Im thinking to buildup the server and hire is my model:
    Server will have Wlan(wifi)card.. This server will connect to Internet over wifi to my provider network (server will obtain IP and DNS from it.. It means dynamic IP obtain).
    I need to share Internet connection (I donīt know how, make bridge or ? ) with my eth0 card. But On server will run DHCP server. So all LAN user (computers) will obtain IP from my server. And they will have connection to Internet.

Important is too, that I want firewall between wlan and eth0.

I know im bad writer, just look on pics.

Any ideas or manual? how to build it? Is this good model ? I want to run server on fedora.. But I thinking ins not Dependents on distribution.

Hire is My schema:
    network_scheme.jpg

Just Joined!
    That is a very wired router. Normally you have a build-in switch. You should take a look about IP-COP, they having a good concept for this problem. Also they covering in they documentation most of you question.

so far
    Akendo

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Actually, that is not a bad setup. You are using your Linux system/server as a router, which is definitely an option. You will need to configure your routing information on the server, enable it as a dhcp server using local unrouted addresses which don't conflict with your ISP, and possibly diddle with your iptables configuration. It will take you awhile to set up, and you will learn a LOT doing it about routing, networks, and all that other cruft! If you are interested, this is not an uncommon scenario, and nicely done graphic, by the way!

And as a final comment - I prefer to point users in the right direction to help them solve their own problems, rather than giving them the answer verbatim! As the old saying goes, "Give a person a fish, and they will eat tonight. Teach a person to fish, and they will eat for a lifetime!". Just remember, Google is your friend! And when you run into that roadblock that has you banging your head on the wall, we WILL help!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!

Torrent disable ??

Ok everything is now running fine, but I have another problem ))

Now I want to disable torrent downloading or enable only main connections as web browsing (http/s) or ftp ....

Main is the disable torrent download, because it can slow down network...

I tried to set iptables FORWARD as DROP and then enable each port (http https), but after this setup clients doesn't have Internet connection. Only if FORWARD is as ACCEPT all..

Any ideas? i never do this setup before...