Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear all, I have set up a Centos5.8 server and have been following this tutorial in order to set up OpenVPN. It's not working for me. Could someone clarify for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Getting Centos5.8 OpenVPN server up

Dear all,
    I have set up a Centos5.8 server and have been following this tutorial in order to set up OpenVPN.

It's not working for me. Could someone clarify for me whether there should be two folders in /etc/ 'openvpn' and 'OpenVPN'. Im guessing there should only be one, but think I may be wrong. At the moment I have it set up so there is only one folder called /etc/openvpn with everything in it.

I am using a Xubuntu machine to connect with the certificates with network-manager. I had to run this command to add it to gnome:
    sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gnome

Stu

------Amendment---
    Forgot to mention, if you follow the tutorial, I used:
    rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel...5-4.noarch.rpm
    instead of the one they used, as I am using a 64 bit machine, and the epel repo has been moved to dl.fedoraproject.org

Trusted Penguin
    are you trying to use a pre-shared secret key? that is the easiest way to do it. you can make it with the --genkey option. create it on one server, then securely copy it to the other.

yes, /etc/openvpn/ is the only directory you need, the secret key can go in there.

show the openvpn config files for your two machines, that will help us to trouble-shoot.

Just Joined!
    I struggled for ages with this and it turned out to be the gui as per this post here:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/net...tml#post894778

Connecting using the command line works fine.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by stu2000 View Post
    Connecting using the command line works fine.
    one of the reasons why I hate GUIs...