Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Originally Posted by MercJones There are no bandwidth limits imposed on us, so it's not that What I mean is, you have to make sure that the edge networks send-receive ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by MercJones View Post
    There are no bandwidth limits imposed on us, so it's not that
    What I mean is, you have to make sure that the edge networks send-receive data at acceptable rates.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilesterg View Post
    What I mean is, you have to make sure that the edge networks send-receive data at acceptable rates.

What exactly does that mean, I can ask them I just don't understand what it is I need to ask?

Just Joined!
    Hi there, I'm having somewhat of a strange problem.

Our secondary site accesses the internal intranet via a link, which is basically:

externalip:8080/test/test/test/index.php

where externalip is the IP address of my router.

* This used to work fine before we migrated from ADSL (6mb up / 0.5mb down) to Fibre(70mb / 20mb) *
    When you access a network resource using an external IP, (a web page for instance), data packets coming from your workstation would go out of your internal network/intranet through your company's edge router and be routed to your ISP's internal network. The data packets might then be routed back to your edge router, or might still be passed to another ISP, ..., until it reaches your edge router, which would then pass the packets to your web server.

You see, there might be bottlenecks within the ISP's network, or between the networks whatsoever inside the cloud (internet).

Internally, I access the same link, but via 192.168.0.50/test/test/test/index.php

Internally it loads in 2 seconds, externally it is taking 68seconds(ish)..

I can't work it out, the fibre shouldave made things loads quicker but is infact very slow. I'm wondering if something network wise is going on.
    Typical LANs work at 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet), so internal websites often load very fast.

But before you contact your network team, let's have a proof of concept first.

Make a traceroute to the website using the internal ip address.

Code:
    tracert 192.168.0.50
    Then another one:

Code:
    tracert externalip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3