Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a working wireless card but everytime i boot up my computer, i have to type in "iwconfig eth1 key <WEP key>" because my router is WEP enrypted. then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless At Boot

I have a working wireless card but everytime i boot up my computer, i have to type in "iwconfig eth1 key <WEP key>" because my router is WEP enrypted. then i jave to do "dhcpcd eth1" then i can finally use the intenret. is there a way to do all of these commands at boot?

BTW, i use gentoo

-CLucas916

the iwconfig command just is the manual way to get it up and running to automaticaly do it on boot add this line to your network config file (in gentoo it is /etc/conf.d/net) .however i couldnt figure out the correct syntax to use in this file so i just put the iwconfig command in this file
    Code:
    iwconfig wlan0 key restricted <wep key>
    or
    Code:
    iwconfig wlan0 open <wep key>
    (or what ever device u use for your wireless nic name)
    and that works just fine for me...though there is usualy a diff command that u use in the config (which totaly didnt work for me) ...but if it works then it works

and on the having to type the dhcpcd_eth1 also put that in your net config filethat would be prob
    Code:
     iface_eth1="dhcp"
    also what distro are u on?
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org