Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
From what I've seen, AR8132 was labelled EXPERIMENTAL at the time of the kernel compilation. EXPERIMENTAL drivers were left out of the kernel. Perhaps there was enough family-similarity for MineOS/CRUX ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

From what I've seen, AR8132 was labelled EXPERIMENTAL at the time of the kernel compilation. EXPERIMENTAL drivers were left out of the kernel. Perhaps there was enough family-similarity for MineOS/CRUX to recognize the driver, but I think it still would need a re-build in order to work.
    Go through the whole thread, read all replys to get a idea of what is going n with MineOS kernel.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...os/0_257Oxo9Po

First time I ever read a good thread in Google Groups on a Linux question.

If you are not locked into using MineOS.

This model comes with an Atheros AR8132, supported by the atl1c module. It works fine with squeeze's kernel and on lenny since 5.0.5.
    atl1c is included in the mainline Linux kernel as of 2.6.29. The driver was backported and enabled in linux-2.6 2.6.26-22,
    So a vanilla Debian install should suffice. Crux's kernel left out atl1c module. because

AR8132 was labelled EXPERIMENTAL
    If needing a non binary system. Maybe Slackware instead of Crux also.

Atheros AR 8132 on my Acer Aspire one D250
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Thank you rokytnji for the great help!

Because I am noob it is a little difficult to understand all of this. What i get from this is that my kernel version left the drivers for my ethernet out because it is experimental. But what i don't know for sure if the problems are over if I follow these steps :
    //minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php/Upgrading_the_Kernel

And then use the new stable kernel from kernel.org?

Or is it over and did you wrote that i cannot use Mineos Crux at all? When this is not possible what do you advise me to use for running a minecraft server with webserver and mysql?

Because what do you mean with a vanille debian install should suffice. That means that i need to stop using minos but need to use debian? And is it possible to use some features from mineos on a debian like the backup system and web-ui?

I know nothing about MineOS other than what my limited search skills have told me. As far as features particular to MineOS operating system.

is it possible to use some features from mineos on a debian like the backup system and web-ui?
    I have no clue bro. I do know that, since I run a Debian based distro. Quoting craigevil.

Debian - "If you can't apt-get something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"

. But what i don't know for sure if the problems are over if I follow these steps :
    //minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php/Upgrading_the_Kernel

And then use the new stable kernel from kernel.org?
    I gave you that link so you could get a idea of what is going on and what you need to do to rectify your problem in MineOS. It is definitely worth a shot trying what is suggested in that thread as it is pretty recent ( may24 of this year).

This is what gets me about Minecrafts Kernel.

This is a AntiX 11 install quad booting on 2 seperate internal hard drives with Semplice, Macpup, and AntiX 12. The kernel is older than yours is.

Code:
    harry@biker:~$ locate atl1c
    /lib/modules/2.6.36-1-mepis-smp/kernel/drivers/net/atl1c
    /lib/modules/2.6.36-1-mepis-smp/kernel/drivers/net/atl1c/atl1c.ko
    /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.36-1-mepis-smp/include/config/atl1c.h
    harry@biker:~$ locate atl1e
    /lib/modules/2.6.36-1-mepis-smp/kernel/drivers/net/atl1e
    /lib/modules/2.6.36-1-mepis-smp/kernel/drivers/net/atl1e/atl1e.ko
    /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.36-1-mepis-smp/include/config/atl1e.h
    harry@biker:~$ cat /etc/issue
    Welcome to antiX. Powered by Debian Testing and MEPIS.
    harry@biker:~$ uname -a
    Linux biker 2.6.36-1-mepis-smp #1 SMP Thu Mar 31 17:07:18 CDT 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
    harry@biker:~$
    Since I got AntiX 12 working OK on one of the other partitions. I am going to blow away AntiX 11 today. Think I might put SolusOS-2-A5.iso on that partition instead. This box is just a test box of sorts. A old IBM M41.

I am surprised a little that dapper dan, jay, and hazel haven't responded to this thread because they know crux better than I do.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!

Question

Oke this sucks!

I did upgrade the kernel with the new linux-3.5.3 from kernel.org. But the ethernet port is stil not working.

I am so desperate now that i can laugh about it lols. I did everything in the steps from here,://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php/Atheros and combined it with this treath://minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php/Upgrading_the_Kernel.

So this sucks. I try to google more but don't know what to do now.

Maybe other os? what is best os for java hosting and web hosting?

Thank you for help again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2