Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1

    Question When run ifconfig command, nothing other than lo is detected??


    Hey all,

    I need real help with my problem on my linux pc. I got a new mainboard and now the os does not detect my lan port. So i got no internet.
    When i run the ifconfig it only detects the lo local loopback. And the cable and router work, i tested on other pc.
    My mainboard is:MSI G41M-P24
    os: MineOS Crux, minecraft.codeemo.com
    from linux Crux crux.nu/Main/HomePage
    kernel: Don't know, is there command for it when need I put in.

    I got the Cd with drivers of the mainboard, can i use that and does that work?
    Hopefully somewone can help me with this. I am noob in linux still learning and trying but willing to work for it i did google this problem a lot but could not find it.

    Thank you for reading.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsidor View Post
    Hey all,

    I need real help with my problem on my linux pc. I got a new mainboard and now the os does not detect my lan port. So i got no internet.
    When i run the ifconfig it only detects the lo local loopback. And the cable and router work, i tested on other pc.
    My mainboard is:MSI G41M-P24
    os: MineOS Crux, minecraft.codeemo.com
    from linux Crux crux.nu/Main/HomePage
    kernel: Don't know, is there command for it when need I put in.

    I got the Cd with drivers of the mainboard, can i use that and does that work?
    Hopefully somewone can help me with this. I am noob in linux still learning and trying but willing to work for it i did google this problem a lot but could not find it.

    Thank you for reading.
    Kernel command in terminal

    Code:
    $ uname -a
    Linux biker 3.5.0-antix.1-486-smp #1 SMP Sun Jul 22 18:29:55 EEST 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
    I'm not Crux proficient. There are a couple of other members here who use crux who may respond to your post. Just posting below for info in case Minecraft Crux users read this. I don't think this applies to you though since no network interface shows in ifconfig -a.

    Post-Install Configuration - MineOS

    Static IP - MineOS

    MineOS CRUX - Static IP addresses - YouTube

    You might want to post also the output of

    Code:
    lspci -knn
    in next post also in to show the new ethernet chip on new motherboard.
    I refuse to let fear and fear of others rule my life. It puts my humanity at risk.
    Accepting Death is the only way to stay alive.

  3. #3
    Thank you for fast answer. I put in the commands and got the results. I didn't type al of it from the second command because it is just to much. I cannot copy it because i got no internet. I did wrote the part with the ethernet in it. That is what you can see below. Also i don;t know what you mean with the show the ethernet chip. I did check if the ethernet works, some minutes ago i installed windows and there i had connection. But i want this os so still problem not fixed
    here are the output of the commands:

    uname -a:

    Linux mineos 3.1.0-rc9 #4 SMP Sat Oct 15 21:31:10 UTC 2011 x86_64 Intel (TM)2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

    lspci -knn:
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. Atheros AR8132 / L1c Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1969:1062] (rev c0)
    subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Device [1462:7592]

    Hopefully you got something with the info. When you need more from the second command i try to make picture (if you can read that)

    Thank you.

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #4
    an Atheros AR8132, supported by the atl1c or atl1e module
    Which should be in your kernel.

    to see if either is loaded first

    Code:
    lsmod
    I refuse to let fear and fear of others rule my life. It puts my humanity at risk.
    Accepting Death is the only way to stay alive.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Which should be in your kernel.

    to see if either is loaded first

    Code:
    lsmod
    Thank you again,

    lsmod:
    module Size Used by
    mf_conntrack_ipv4 11225 1
    mf_defrag_ip4 1353 1 nf_conntrack_ipv4
    xt_state 1162 1
    mf_conntrack 61794 2 nf_conntrack_ipv4,xt_state
    xt_tcpudp 2307 4
    iptable_filter 1570 1
    ip_tables 14501 1 iptable_filter
    x_tables 18275 4 xt_state,xt_tcpudp,iptable_filter,ip_tables

    That was it, Hopefully i did write it down on the right way.

  7. #6
    Are there also more people that can help me? I don't know what to do and i would like to use my computer.

  8. #7
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7
    try running as root:
    modprobe atl1c
    If nothing happens, it could be because the module for your ethernet card is missing.

    You'll need to download a new kernel and recompile it with the atl1c driver enabled.

  9. #8

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by eyal_tst View Post
    try running as root:

    If nothing happens, it could be because the module for your ethernet card is missing.

    You'll need to download a new kernel and recompile it with the atl1c driver enabled.
    I tried to update the kernel with the info from here: minecraft.codeemo.com/mineoswiki/index.php/Precompiled_Kernel
    This is with the os. I tried this kernel because of the change that there would be one for my ethernet device.

    I cannot run your command because afther updating the kernel i got this error: (for more info of the kernel update look this groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mineos/52JrK_Jas_A)

    For the error see the images i added.

    Thank you for helping
    foto 1.jpgfoto 2.jpg

  10. #9
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7
    That link could have some old documentation (not sure).
    Try reinstalling and then follow crux.nu / Wiki / KernelBuilding
    I never tried Crux so I'm not 100% how to do this.

    Eyal

  11. #10

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by eyal_tst View Post
    try running as root:

    If nothing happens, it could be because the module for your ethernet card is missing.

    You'll need to download a new kernel and recompile it with the atl1c driver enabled.
    I did run the command and as you expected:

    FATAL: Module atl1c not found.

    I got a cd with the drivers for my chipset. There is also an part for LINUX drivers. Can I use this?
    to fix the problem i need to download the kernel from kernel.org and then update the kernel?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •