I cannot, for the life of me, get DNSMasq to consistenly hand out IP addresses. At first, I thought it just wouldn't hand them out to wireless devices. But I think it's just random. Sometimes it gives out IPs, sometimes it doesn't. For a while, it would always give an IP to my Windows XP desktop. But just this morning, it didn't. Then it did. Then it didn't. Bla, bla, bla.

Here's what I've got:

Server = Debian Squeeze, base install with Gnome
As far as I can tell, Network Manager is running the show.

My connections:
INTERNET ---> ISP single-port Router ---> Wireless Router (192.168.100.100) ---> All of my devices (including the Wireless Debian system running DNSMasq: wlan0=192.168.100.1)

The wireless card works well. I disabled the wired card in Gnome Network Manager. DHCP is turned off on the router

Here is my dnsmasq.conf as it is right now (I've tried many other configs also):
Code:
log-facility=/var/log/dnsmasq.log
log-queries

domain-needed
bogus-priv

listen-address=127.0.0.1
listen-address=192.168.100.1
bind-interfaces

dhcp-range=192.168.100.200,192.168.100.250,255.255.255.0,72h
dhcp-option=3,192.168.100.100
dhcp-authoritative
dhcp-leasefile=/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases
All I really want/need is to be able to connect to network shares using hostnames instead of IP addresses. And I can't set each device's IP configuration manually because some of the wirless devices connect to other networks as well. I figured DNSMasq would be a relatively simple solution. But I guess not.

I've sunk almost 30 solid hours into trying to get DNSMasq to work. I've tried dozens of things and nothing has helped. I'm seriously frustrated, and at my wits end. The only thing I can think of right now is maybe Debian is running some service, or Network Manager is conflicting with DNSMasq. Bu I'm seriously fried and have to step away and see if a fresh opinion can offer some insight.

If someone can help me figure this out, It'll be much appreciated. If you need any other files or outputs posted, I'd be happy to. But I've been through so many now, I'm not sure what to post by default.

Thanks in advance!