Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have got a simple VPN via analog signals setup by my ISP. VPN connects three offices geographically separated. Two branch offices can connect without any problem. But to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question VPN vs LAN : Connection Issue

Hi,

I have got a simple VPN via analog signals setup by my ISP. VPN connects three offices geographically separated.

Two branch offices can connect without any problem. But to my head office there are connection issues from the branch offices. From branch office; when I ping to a PC at head office it doesn't ping, when I disable the firewall of the head office PC, ping command is succesful. But at the two branch offices no need to disable the firewalls to ping among those.

But at my head office the setup is bit complex. We have three gateways (including the VPN router) directly connected to LAN not via a firewall.

The VPN has three subnets for three offices. The two branch offices connects each other without any problem.

Do you know what causes this type of problem pls?
    Last edited by amithad; 09-13-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Just Joined!
    If this is correct, when I disable the firewall of the head office PC, ping command is succesful, your PC firewall setting is wrong.

Unhappy

May be. But to my curiosity when I change the default gatway to VPN routers IP all the PC could connect. Implementing matrix to prioritize gateways also didn't work.

I have to give VPN gateway to matrix 1. But when I do this all the other users of that application server complain that there applications are slow

Because of this confusion I planned to implement terminal server solution on windows client (if possible). I would be a great
    help that anyone of you can give me information on a Open Source terminal server which supports windows clients to connect to windows servers.
    Please forgive me for asking windows help in this forum but I have no option.

Thanks

Just Joined!
    You can use traceroute tool to trace which router drop your packet.