Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I have problem with configuring my MaaS server, because i stuck with point " Configuring DHCP " in wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MAAS . I attached schematic of my network. And I wonder ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[Ubuntu server]MaaS configuring DHCP

Hello, I have problem with configuring my MaaS server, because i stuck with point "Configuring DHCP" in wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MAAS . I attached schematic of my network. And I wonder that I must install dnsmasq ? I own network and I want that my DHCP server should be router TP-LINK. When I try add nodes by PXE it's not working.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DHCP is configured on the router and the other network devices are configured to use DHCP for getting their network configurations.

DHCP Server]
    I'm not going to explain how you configure DHCP on your router as it depends on the router model. If you don't know how, read the manual.

DHCP Clients]
    For a ubuntu you would configure the computer to use DHCP by setting a network interface to "dhcp" instead of "static". Something similar to this should be in your /etc/network/interfaces:

Code:
    auto lo eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    iface lo inet loopback
    But again, this should be written down in the manual of your operating system. If you can't find the manual, search the internets for it.

Cheers

Just Joined!
    I decide to do something like this:
    [Attached file]
    And on MaaS server i install dnsmasq and make it DHCP server.
    Gateway: specify the network's Gateway IP address. This is the address the nodes will use to communicate to the MAAS server.
    I leave this blank. And in etc/network/interface I have this:

Code:
    # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
    # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    And on nodes there is no connection outside local network. Like server is blocking traffic but it has internet connection.
    Attached Images Attached Images