Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to network my internet connection on my Fedora Core 2 computer from my WinXP computer. (ICS from Winxp laptop to FC2 computer.) the laptop has two ethernet slots ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Networking WINXP and FC2

I want to network my internet connection on my Fedora Core 2 computer from my WinXP computer. (ICS from Winxp laptop to FC2 computer.) the laptop has two ethernet slots (built in one and d-link plug and 'play')

Thing is, I dont know really how to do this. Especially seting fc2 to get internet from another computer.

Any help is good help.

Update:

When I try to setup ICS in WinXP, it tells me it cannot be done because I already have a LAN set to 192.168.0.1 (is this because of my router?) How do I get around this?

Linux Engineer
    When I try to setup ICS in WinXP, it tells me it cannot be done because I already have a LAN set to 192.168.0.1 (is this because of my router?) How do I get around this?
    Do you have a router?
    is so why connecting your other PC into one..

can you tell us your internet setup
    router y/n
    ISP type (dinamic IP) y/n

Thanks in advance for your precisions
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps