Find the answer to your Linux question:
When in a SSH session, I am getting the following message scrolling repeatedly where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the remote IP. Message from syslogd*shadow at Feb 12 13:17:46 ... kernel:nf_ct_ftp: dropping packetIN= ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SYS Log Alerts in SSH

When in a SSH session, I am getting the following message scrolling repeatedly where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the remote IP.

Message from syslogd*shadow at Feb 12 13:17:46 ...
    kernel:nf_ct_ftp: dropping packetIN= OUT=eth2 SRC=192.168.0.100 DST=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX LEN=53 TOS=0x10 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=35058 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=21 DPT=31509 SEQ=3545062730 ACK=2171567871 WINDOW=115 RES=0x00 ACK PSH FIN URGP=0

The issue is when I am connecting to the server with NetDrive software. Plus the files via FTP don't show. If I allow a DMZ zone on the router for the local server, the errors go away. Obviously for security reasons, I don't want this server running under a DMZ setting on the router. If I shutdown IPtables, it still scrolls this message from the syslog.

Any ideas why:
    1. These messages from the syslog are scrolling at the SSH prompt.

2. What is causing the message? NOTE: It is causing a connectivity issue when I connect to the server via Netdrive. It just doesn't connect. Any other FTP client seems to work. I may have recently made some changes in CSF that caused this.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Just Joined!
    I guess it has to do with active/passive modes. Set the NetDrive software passive mode off and it works. Strange because an other FTP client does not seem to have an issue in either mode which raises other questions.

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    if it is solved, close this thread

Best Regards