Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Linux Masq. FW script running on my Fedora Core II box. The firewall is working nicely, but I have an additional question. Is there a possibility to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Masq FW (iptables) +limit bandwith

I have a Linux Masq. FW script running on my Fedora Core II box.
    The firewall is working nicely, but I have an additional question.
    Is there a possibility to limit the UPLOAD bandwith per MAC (or ip) address ?
    Lets say only the mac address 00-FF-AA-66-CC-10 must be limited to 512 bytes/sec (I prefer MAC because the network is configured with a DHCP server. If this can't be done, IP is also fine)

The internet is on eth0 interface, and the internal network, where the client is located, is on the eth1 interface.

Only outgooing traffic (upload) from this specific client needs to be limited.

Tnx in adv.

There is a very good HOWTO on this subject on http://www.lartc.org/ .

Just Joined!
    Since I'm quite new to this subject. Is there anyone who hase a sample command for me ?

It is not as simple as issuing a command to accomplish things you want. You will need kernel support for it, the proper programs installed etc. That is why I pointed to the site with the HOWTO. I don't know FC at all, I'm a Slackware user, so don't know if your kernel has support for this etc.

The HOWTO is well written with examples, so I still think it is worth reading
    I\'m so tired .....