Find the answer to your Linux question:
well, this is the error i get from pppd when attempting a connection to my local college's dialup service. tcflush failed: Input/output error i dial in, it does all of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

pppd[n]: tcflush failed: Input/output error

well, this is the error i get from pppd when attempting a connection to my local college's dialup service.

tcflush failed: Input/output error

i dial in, it does all of the audible handshaking, and then it waits for a long time, and i pppd dies with that error.

whats relatively peculiar is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt... for a while, i was able to attempt a connection, wait a few minutes after it failed, attempt again, and have it succeed.

slack10:2.6.9 with a usr hardware modem, if thats of any use.

Just Joined!

May be a solution

I am not sure of this solution.....though you can give it a try.
    Just check the authentication protocol, it should be PAP or CHAP or something of some sort if the ppp dies.... Not sure

Just Joined!
    well, for the sake of information, its PAP.

thing is though, im using the kppp front-end, and it has a PAP/CHAP option. so i was using that. you'd think that that would allow both to function, but ya never know.

ill go try it and edit this post accordingly.

EDIT: nope, no go. haha. actually, it worked once. i disconnected and attempted a reconnect and it gave me the same error. maybe i should just switch protocol options every time i reconnect? :P