Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sir I have one small doubt ie., at present I am getting connected to internet using two ways cable broadband connection and internet services provided by mobile(2G). Cable broadband is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

About connecting to internet

Sir I have one small doubt ie., at present I am getting connected to internet using two ways cable broadband connection and internet services provided by mobile(2G).

Cable broadband is connected to system through modem and mobile broadband connected to system through USB.

I want to download large volumes of data so I prefer to keep download at night times and inorder to download successfully without any errors I want to be connected to internet always.

My cable broadband gets frequently disconnected so is it possible to use internet services provided by mobile and switch back to cable broadband when it is working.

Is there any tool or software inorder to accomplish the above or can you please provide any script.

I am using Debian wheezy AMD64bit OS. I have basic knowledge about Linux so if you suggest anything I can easily follow it and succeed.

Regards,
    Rupesh.

I might not be the right guy to troubleshoot this issue, but maybe I can help clarify.

You want to use 2 connection types. If cable broadband connection drops, you would like mobile broadband to connect automatically and finish downloads.

Is that correct?

(I've never done anything like that... sorry)
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Sir one guy suggested to write a script to continuously test the connections and try to switch back and forth according to the status.