Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sir I am from India and I am using hathway broadband internet connection.currently I am using openSUSE12.3 OS. The internet works for upto 8 hours perfectly and after that internet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

about internet session expire

Sir I am from India and I am using hathway broadband internet connection.currently I am using openSUSE12.3 OS. The internet works for upto 8 hours perfectly and after that internet stops working. When I open the browser it asks for username and password when I provide the above it shows activating your internet services. I want to download some of the large files so I prefer to keep download at night times and due to above the download fails.

Is there any software in Linux to automatically sign into my internet account and make the internet available to applications like firefox all the times.

Regards,
    Rupesh.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This is something you'll have to take up with Hathway. It may be that you need a "higher tier" account to keep a connection alive for more than 8 hours. My guess is that they age out your DHCP address after 8 hours, requiring a reconnection by your system to get a new address.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Is there any application or tool to overcome this issue I mean to login into my hathway internet account without my intervention.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    If they support credential-based connections then possibly. However, if they require that you access a web page and login with a user id and password, then you need a tool to automatically respond with the correct data. You could do that with a php or javascript application.

Yes they are asking for credentials in the form of web page. Actually I am new to Linux and scripting so kindly suggest what to do.

Actually after some time when I select Google.com in browser I am redirected to the following page

http://203.212.193.60/bsp/startporta....google.co.in/

Can we solve the issue using network manager or wicd.

I think you really need to contact Hathway directly about this. They should allow some sort of SSL credentials (public key - they have a copy of your public key, and your system authenticates you using your private key), but they may not do so in a way that doesn't require human interaction. I used to have a Sprint broadband modem and account, and the creds were stored on the modem dongle, or with the Linux NetworkManager tool (not sure which any longer - haven't used it for several years).