Find the answer to your Linux question:
I didnít find any reference for this basic question Iím porting a router application to linux Ė and I will use iproute2 to configure the kernel with router-interfaces/addressee/nbrs etc. Iíve ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Iproute2

I didnít find any reference for this basic question
    Iím porting a router application to linux Ė and I will use iproute2 to configure the kernel with router-interfaces/addressee/nbrs etc.
    Iíve installed iproute2 pkg. and I want to reuse it as much as possible
    What are the APIs of the iproute2 that my application can use? for example for 'ip route' commands , is the API is 'do_iproute' ? (and generally do_ipxxx)
    Thanks,
    Avi

Trusted Penguin
    hello and welcome, Avi!

If by API, you mean "how do I use ip to run network commands", then I would start with the man page (documentation that comes with iproute2). on your system, try:

Code:
    man ip
    online man page here.

if you really want to go full bore on documentation, there is a very thorough write-up here on Linux Routing, with a focus on iproute2.

Just Joined!
    Thanks Atreyu,
    in my application i dont use the shell ip commands - but commands that comes from a remote Mgmt system
    i have to translate to iproute2 commads via (argc, argv) and call an appropriate function in iproute2 pkg.
    i think that i will call the 'main' function with some modifications.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by avi_c View Post
    Thanks Atreyu,
    in my application i dont use the shell ip commands - but commands that comes from a remote Mgmt system
    i have to translate to iproute2 commads via (argc, argv) and call an appropriate function in iproute2 pkg.
    i think that i will call the 'main' function with some modifications.
    in that case, i'd say "Use the source, Luke".