Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a mint Linux and I was connected wirelessly to the internet and all of a sudden it quit working. It doesn't find our router. I finally just plugged ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't connect to the internet

I have a mint Linux and I was connected wirelessly to the internet and all of a sudden it quit working. It doesn't find our router. I finally just plugged it in directly to the router and it still won't connect to the internet. This is my first Linux machine and I know nothing about it. Please help!

Linux Guru
    You haven't posted any information which would be useful to someone trying to help you. Go to the Wireless Network section here and look at the first post, the Sticky. There are a number of commands suggested which you can use to get information to post here to get some help.

Yep, need to know which wireless card you have. Weather it just stopped of if it was after an update. While you're connected do a "sudo apt-get install hardinfo" and then open the System Profiler and Benchmark that it'll install and do a Summary, that'll give you info on your system so you can see which WiFi card you have installed and we can go from there.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Hello. Thank you for writing.

Pleas post the output of:

Code:
    ifconfig -a

Code:
    lspci
    and

Code:
    lshw
    Also, assuming your wireless card is being recognised as 'wlan0' and your internet connection is up, you could try:
    Code:
    dhclient wlan0
    I'd recommend you, just in case, to run all commands logged in as root. That can be done by entering:

Code:
    su root

I hope this helps you somehow.