Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SSH into LXC when using network-manager

I've created a Debian container in the host's PC, however I want to connect to it via SSH but several guides told me that the file path /etc/network/interface needs to be used or edited for it to work. The issue was the container uses the same IP address as the host's since the network interface was unedited and the host is having problems connecting to the container; could not resolve hostname: Name or service not known.

I'm using network-manager instead of the system network interface, is there a way for me to secure a connection with my container? I looked at the option of bridging but it requires me to edit the network interface file which undoubtedly seems pointless since I cannot use both network-manager and the file.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Sorry, but I am just getting started with "containers" myself (just now installing CentOS 7 in a VM). If you figure this out before I do, please post your solution here.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    A blog said LXC doesn't bridge wireless NIC, but you can forward the port, to that extent, I have no idea what that means. Are you using Virtualbox? or Qemu?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I found a way using libvirt to manage to SSH into my container. At first using the lxcbr0 requires a script that's enabled by a variable through the /etc directory and complicates the matter. However there's a guide that matches my goal of ssh'ing into my container, such is the method of which Debian said it's an easy network solution.