Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello buddie i m a newbie in linux i have recently installed linux on my machine with 2 lan cards 1 for my lan and other for World Cable (cable ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cannot ping from RED HAT LINUX 8.0 to my LAN

Hello buddie i m a newbie in linux i have recently installed linux on my machine with 2 lan cards 1 for my lan and other for World Cable (cable internet) .... Eth1 (cable net) is DHCP and it gets automatically IP fron world cable and Etho is static IP (c class) and there is no firewall installed on my linux but still cannot ping to my LAN or from my lan to linux machine..

please need the solution for this.

Thanks

Linux Engineer
    Are you trying to ping the "internal" adress of the external one?
    if external is the PC connected?
    what are you pinging from?
    can linux ping itself?
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    i m trying to ping my internal LAN... my external Lan is working well and OK but i cannot ping in my Lan and Lan computers also cannot ping to the Linux machine... my lan is of win2k pro
    I dont know what is going on.. please help me

Linux Engineer
    I dont know for win2k, (but WindowsXP) needs to have NetBios enabled to be able to be pinged from other comp on the network.
    Also how is your network setup? hub, router, direct rj-45
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps