Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
The program I was reffering to was a filter for malicious content. So not a firewall. Steps needed: - setup a anti virus program like clamav - setup a proxy ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

The program I was reffering to was a filter for malicious content. So not a firewall.
    Steps needed:
    - setup a anti virus program like clamav
    - setup a proxy + the program mentioned before in this thread
    - configure your windows clients to use the proxy

But maybe there is some ready to run special purpose Linux distro which can do that for you.
    I\'m so tired .....

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by puntmuts
    The program is was reffering to was a filter for malicious content. So not a firewall.
    Steps needed:
    - setup a anti virus program like clamav
    - setup a proxy + the program mentioned before in this thread
    - configure your windows clients to use the proxy

But maybe there is some ready to run special purpose Linux distro which can do that for you.
    That's the other way, but since
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badex96
    is that something that would be difficult for a noob to linux
    is there a way that would be easier, or are they all about the same
    Well this quite isnt the easiest option, probly the best, but not the "ready to go" solution for someone that has a hard time managing his linux box.. (no offence 1badex96 simply think this is what you meent)
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Linux Newbie
    ohh no offense taken. i am just trying to get some ideas on how to set up a network with windows. I am just really leary because i had widows and it was worthless on the net because everytime i turned it on it was shutting itself off, and i was running mcafee's virus scanner that updates it self everytime the machine turned on, and also there firewall program that i had turned up, and i was still having more problems then i ever could know. the only reason i am even bothering with it is because for the network engineering courses i am starting they work in windows.
    Desk TopAMD Semperon 3200+, MSI KT6V mobo, ATI Radeon 64mg DDR, 256 mg 3200, 40 gig HD
    LapTop Toshiba 105s. Pentium 75, 45 meg ram, 500 mg hdd.
    Server Compaq Proliant 166 mhz cpu. 168 meg ram, 2 x 4 gig hdd, 2 x 9 gig hdd

Another easy way to help is to download Mozilla or firefox and quit using IE. This will at least cut down on virus and spyware also if you use Mozilla complete it comes with a nice Email client.
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Linux Newbie
    sweet, thanks guys, this forum is the coolest.
    Desk TopAMD Semperon 3200+, MSI KT6V mobo, ATI Radeon 64mg DDR, 256 mg 3200, 40 gig HD
    LapTop Toshiba 105s. Pentium 75, 45 meg ram, 500 mg hdd.
    Server Compaq Proliant 166 mhz cpu. 168 meg ram, 2 x 4 gig hdd, 2 x 9 gig hdd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2