Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Content Filtering Options Linux

Good morning,

at the moment i am having some issues in my company with content filtering. We are using quite good equipment (Cisco), but some options i need to add with some kind of Server for Content filtering. I was thinking about making a Proxy-Server and configuring all Cisco equipment to this Proxy Server NATed, for content filtering.

I was searching now what kind of servers i could use. But maybe you got an better Idea what i could do - or maybe you got experience with this kind of servers and could give me an advice which i could use.

Dont come now and send just some links - i can search on google myself on some servers - but maybe there are some people out there with some experience with this kind of servers/problems.

Thanks in Advance,
    Bathroth

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Content filtering has a lot of connotations. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to keep company secrets from being published on the Internet? Are you trying to restrict what your users can access from the Internet? What?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!