Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

OpenVPN Client Configuration.

Hi, I have a openvpn client here. How do I not pass certain things through the vpn for example SSH So I can still connect to it locally/remotely? I know this a security issue.

It's running on ArchLinux if that makes a difference.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This would be in the server configuration. The client is just there to connect to the server so you become a peer on its network. As for ssh passing through the connection as you put it, I think that may be an sshd configuration issue. In any case, you can force ssh to require keys to authenticate, which the private part of which has to exist on every ssh server you want to connect with.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

-->
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    This would be in the server configuration. The client is just there to connect to the server so you become a peer on its network. As for ssh passing through the connection as you put it, I think that may be an sshd configuration issue. In any case, you can force ssh to require keys to authenticate, which the private part of which has to exist on every ssh server you want to connect with.
    I just read what I wrote and I phrased it in a stupid way. Lol I meant for ssh to ignore the vpn connection, I was thinking there might be a way for it to ignore the interface tun0 that openvpn creates or is this still on the server I don't have access to?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

$spacer_open
$spacer_close