Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Same public IP to many servers

Hi everybody, My ISP give one pubic static IP. I have 3 servers(FTP, email, web) so I need that each server use that public ip. So my idea is to use port fordwarding a NAT . is that a good idea?

Its the only real option you have, its a similar situation to myself, so i have the external IP being my firewall, and behind that sits my servers.. I NAT the external ports to the internal servers.

If your new to all this, may i suggest pfsense, its a fantastic, yet relatively simple free product

Ahh ok I will try with that firewall you suggest me. Another question, is a good idea to put the server in diffrente network apart of laptops, pc etc. For exmaple server will be in 192.168.1.0 and pc and laptos will be 192.168.2.0

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    That my friend is entirely your preference

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk

I have a last question pfsense has neccesary to secure my server? Because I need a firewall woth ips, content filterring, anti span, and that features

-->
    More PCs more often than not implies more associations so there is a down as far as possible to what number of PCs will commonly have the same IP address