Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hiyas, I have a machine set up with adsl through a router. I've run WinXP without problems, I've run FC3 without problems, now I'm running both with dual boot and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nothing but HTTP working

Hiyas, I have a machine set up with adsl through a router. I've run WinXP without problems, I've run FC3 without problems, now I'm running both with dual boot and suddenly there are problems.
    I can't connect with things like gaim/msn/yahoo (although yahoo can run through http so it's fine).

First I thought there was a firewall in the way but I've disabled all I know of. The router hasn't been in the way in the past and I've tried setting it in virtually every possible way without success.

If anyone knows what the problem could be, or what I should look up/post I'd really appriciate it
    *edit* eh, well I just removed the port 80 forwarding from the router and now everything's working

Linux Engineer
    Are you having the same issues on the XP machine?
    try to ping the domain to see if port is block
    Code:
    # Port
    # 1863 - MSN Messenger (Popular instant messaging client)
    # 5050 - Yahoo Messenger (Another popular instant messaging client)
    # 5190 - ICQ (Yet another popular instant messaging client)
    Can you also post the ipchain config you have
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Thanks for replying.
    It seems it was the router making a fuss.. I tried forwarding some different ports and the same thing happened. I've read I can use DMZ instead so I tried that and it worked fine, problem solved

It's weird though.. the router isn't supposed to do that right?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close