Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all i and 2 frients of mine establish a lan with ours 3 pc's.We used a switch where there we connect our lan cables.Now how we can connect the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

adsl

Hi all i and 2 frients of mine establish a lan with ours 3 pc's.We used a switch where there we connect our lan cables.Now how we can connect the adsl connection to our lan so we can share its connection?I think we have to connect the adsl modem to the switch but then how can i throw mine linux box access the internet via lan?
    Q: what\'s tiny and yellow and very, very, dangerous?
    A: a canary with the super-user password.

If all three computers are connected, it should be a matter of just plugging in the modem to the switch, unfortunetly, how your modem is gonna support this is not definative, it might require that only one computer be logged on, then the others access through it, but that seems unlikely.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

This is dependent on which modem you have and how it is connected. If you have a ethernet modem and it supports NAT you could enable that and connect it to the switch. An USB modem is a different cup of tea I guess.

But you provided too little info for a more specific answer.
    I\'m so tired .....

Linux Newbie
    Well i want your help.In windows we connect the modem to the switch and then connect the NICs to the switch too and then setup our NIC to dhcp and we have internet all.In gentoo how can i do that?When i select dhcp for eth0 in /etc/conf.d/net.eth0 the /etc/init.d/net.eth0 fail to start.Any idea for this?

did you emerge dhcpcd? and start ih and add it to your rc scripts that start on default
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux Newbie
    Well all went ok i emerged dhcpcd and add it to the default runlevel.And all is
    ok.