Find the answer to your Linux question:
We recently had broadband set up in our house and it's being accessed in Windows from the family PC via a Netgear DG834G Integrated ADSL Modem/Wireless Firewall/Router. My laptop accesses ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Broadband and wireless networking in Linux

We recently had broadband set up in our house and it's being accessed in Windows from the family PC via a Netgear DG834G Integrated ADSL Modem/Wireless Firewall/Router. My laptop accesses the broadband via the wireless network and so does the other tower. My question is how do I get wireless and broadband set up on the tower and laptop with Slackware 10 on them?

The tower with Linux on has a Belkin 802.11g wireless adapter in it which I have yet to configure in Linux and I haven't done anything in Linux with the wireless card in my laptop either, so I need help sorting that out aswell.

Before I can help you, I'll need a couple more specifics on the wireless cards. If you could tell the model of the Belkin, and then the Brand / Model on the other one, that would be great.
    Thanks,
    -lakerdonald

Just Joined!
    All I can really tell you about the card I put in the tower is that it's a Belkin Wireless 802.11g Network Adapter. Can't really find anything more specific than that. The most specific details I can get for the card in my laptop are that it's a IEEE 802.11b MiniPCI Wireless Network Adapter.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    EDIT: Just found the page on Belkin's website for the card in my tower:
    Click here

A quick google of "F5D7000 Linux Driver" reveals http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/sh...p?product=1870