Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am currently testing my system with 'netperf'. However, the statistics I get are poor. With UDP_STREAM, I only get an average of 2 Mbps and 0 for TCP_STREAM. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ethernet receive overruns

I am currently testing my system with 'netperf'. However, the statistics I get are poor. With UDP_STREAM, I only get an average of 2 Mbps and 0 for TCP_STREAM. I also notice that I get a lot of receive overruns for stream testing specially when my board acts as the listener (netserver). I think the main problem is the lost packets due to receive overruns that I get. What is usually the cause of this problem? What is the workaround for this?
    I'm using an SMSC LAN91C111 ethernet chipset

Thanks,
    Mildred

Just Joined!
    If the packet overruns are caused by your network card (and not an external problem at a router or something) you may want to look at an IP traffic shaper like Wonder Shaper (http://lartc.org/wondershaper/ ) This is a set of scripts that messes with the iproute command. If you want to, you can do the shaping by hand with iproute if you feel like getting into the nitty gritty.[/url]

Just Joined!
    what would be the acceptable values for tcp and udp in ethernet?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close