Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to use either Suse 9.2 or FC-3 which I already have on disk, and I want to be able to access the net with my Wireless network. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with drivers

I want to use either Suse 9.2 or FC-3 which I already have on disk, and I want to be able to access the net with my Wireless network. The only problem is, I cannot find any drivers that will support my card which is a Pheenet WL-11PCIR Wireless PCI Card.

Any help? It's really bugging me!

Linux Engineer

Re: Help with drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Koop
    I want to use either Suse 9.2 or FC-3 which I already have on disk, and I want to be able to access the net with my Wireless network. The only problem is, I cannot find any drivers that will support my card which is a Pheenet WL-11PCIR Wireless PCI Card.
    I havent got any driver location to offer, but This email should give you the proper help you need... They offer Windows Driver, mabye if you contact them directly they can point to a driver location (thats the first thing I would try)

Second, the chip on the WL-11PCIR seems to be a realtek one... This is a supported chip by *all distro IFAIK so both would be a good option for this

*simply to make sure i've regoogled, and found this page wich seems to have some linux driver... hopefully WL-11 driver are the one for your card...

Hope this helps
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the info. I have already emailed, Pheenet, just wating for them to reply.

Also, that site you gave me... I couldn't see the drivers for WL-11PCIR.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Koop
    Thanks for the info. I have already emailed, Pheenet, just wating for them to reply.

Also, that site you gave me... I couldn't see the drivers for WL-11PCIR.
    WL11PCIR (previously known as the WL-130B) Click here

This sourceForge project seems to support your card! Good thing... Here's the link

Hopefully that will do it!
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps