Hi everybody.

I am moving my work environment to Fedora Core 3 server. So I configured Samba, Winbibd and Squid to work together to authenticate Windows NT users and groups. I joined my Fedora box to AD problemlessly. Then every step towards normal processing is a nigthmare and takes so much time and effort.
Now I managed to have user level authentication in Squid for my acl filters. But when I tried to use external type acl Nt_group helper wbinfo_group.pl fails. I tracked down the problem and here what I have :

[root@squid]# wbinfo -g
builtin+system operators
builtin+power users
builtin+print operators
builtin+account operators
builtin+backup operators
domain admins
domain users
domain guests
domain computers
domain controllers
cert publishers
schema admins
enterprise admins
group policy creator owners
ras and ias servers

"wbinfo -u" also works fine.

But :

[root@squid]# wbinfo -n cmedic
S-1-5-21-2482416774-2700787018-2488919263-1127 Local Group (4)
[root@squid]# wbinfo -Y S-1-5-21-2482416774-2700787018-2488919263-1127
Could not convert sid S-1-5-21-2482416774-2700787018-2488919263-1127 to gid

[root@squid]# wbinfo -r username
Could not get groups for user username

So I have one more problem and feel like very tired from them and I am about to send everything very far away and simulate NT user groups in my Fedora box for squid authority manipulations.

[root@squid]# rpm -q samba
[root@squid]# rpm -q squid

Fedora is C3 2.6.9-1.667