Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a D-link airPlusxtremeG wireless car for my desktop on SuSE. How do I install this so I can connect to the internet....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing wireless internet card

i have a D-link airPlusxtremeG wireless car for my desktop on SuSE. How do I install this so I can connect to the internet.

If it's supported, Suse will find the card and load the kernel module automagically. It should then be a matter of going into YAST's Network Devices section and setting the SSID and WEP (if you're using WEP) key.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    but the card came with a cd to install the D-link software to run the wireless card

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    ds80mx, did the cd come with linux drivers for the card? if so read the README or INSTALL file so that you can install.

Otherwise try what Flatline said, or look for the drivers on the web, or look into ndiswrapper which lets you use Win drivers in linux.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    what is the ssid and wep key??? it says the d-link has been configured but its still not working.. what is the drivers and how can i use them to install it.

The SSID is kind of like a network name that your card passes to the router so the router knows who it's talking to. You should be able to connect to your wireless router via a web interface and set the SSID (for linsys routers the SSID is usually linksys, for Netgear routers I've seen wireless and netgear as defaults).

The WEP key has to do with encryption. If you haven't heard of WEP, I doubt your wireless router is configured with it.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    ok it is not recknoized my linux and you cannot download drivers for linux