Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, i am thinking about changing over from windows to linux, ok to be honest i really want to make the change My main worry is that currently have two ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless Network n00b question

Hey, i am thinking about changing over from windows to linux, ok to be honest i really want to make the change

My main worry is that currently have two computers on my home network, PC1 and PC2, PC1 is currently running Windows XP and PC2 is the system i want to install Linux on, i have decided on Redhat linux and i purchased a copy from the internet today, so i should recieve it in a few days.

My main problem is; i am using a Belkin Wireless 802.11b cable/DSL gateway router to share my broadband connection and PC2 has the same model belkin wireless network card installed on it. The box doesn't say it works with Linux or Mac, just Windows but i am wondering if anyone knows whether or not this will work on Linux? I really hope so due to the fact i want to make the change, i know i can use Samba and SWAT to set up file sharing once the machines are networked but the sharing of my internet connection is my main concern.

I hope someone can help, it will be much apprieciated

Linux Enthusiast
    An easy way to see if your adapter will work smoothly, is that if you download a LiveCD like Knoppix/Mandrake or any one you'd preffere. Then you will noy loose your current windows installation, but you will get a fast recognition if the adapter works without any problem. However, if the adapter fails this LiveCD, no-worries, there will be help for that as well.

Just Joined!
    oh, ok, i'll give it a shot, thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close