Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't know how to even use ndiswrapper! I have a linksys wpc54gX wireless card, and don't know whether to install ndiswrapper on windows or linux! I can't even connect ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

So Lost!

I don't know how to even use ndiswrapper! I have a linksys wpc54gX wireless card, and don't know whether to install ndiswrapper on windows or linux! I can't even connect to the Internet on Linux. (Fedora Core 3). Please Help!!!! Thanx!

I've never used ndiswrapper, but I have used a similar commercial product called DriverLoader. You do not need to load ndiswrapper in MS Windows because you can use your native MS Windows drivers in MS Windows to run your card.

What the ndiswrapper does is translate the MS Windows drivers into a language Linux can understand, thus allowing you to use your card in Linux. It doesn't always work, but it's the only alternative when the manufacturer (Linksys) doesn't want to release native Linux drivers for their products.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I've never used ndiswrapper, but I have used a similar commercial product called DriverLoader. You do not need to load ndiswrapper in MS Windows because you can use your native MS Windows drivers in MS Windows to run your card.

What the ndiswrapper does is translate the MS Windows drivers into a language Linux can understand, thus allowing you to use your card in Linux. It doesn't always work, but it's the only alternative when the manufacturer (Linksys) doesn't want to release native Linux drivers for their products.
    well, do i install ndiswrapper on windows or linux, because i have no connection on linux to get to ndiswrapper! I'm baffled. Thanx for helping!

You would install it on linux. You may want to print out the instructions from the ndiswrapper wiki site and have the .inf files, etc. from your Windows driver disk handy before you go back into linux to try ndiswrapper.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    You would install it on linux. You may want to print out the instructions from the ndiswrapper wiki site and have the .inf files, etc. from your Windows driver disk handy before you go back into linux to try ndiswrapper.
    well dont i need an internet connection to install it on linux? thanx u guys, uve been a great help!

You could download the ndiswrapper package, etc. and put them in a spot that's accessible from your linux install, then boot into linux and follow the instructions from the wiki site.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    You could download the ndiswrapper package, etc. and put them in a spot that's accessible from your linux install, then boot into linux and follow the instructions from the wiki site.
    kk thanx