Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everybody! I need to know 2 things: 1 - Is it possible to get nero for linux without having to own a licence? 2 - Here's the networking question: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Odd Networking question(s)

Hi everybody!
    I need to know 2 things:
    1 - Is it possible to get nero for linux without having to own a licence?
    2 - Here's the networking question: - I have 2 mandrake linux boxes, one with a cd burner and one without. I want to know if I can set up a network between the two boxes and be able to use a cd burning program (like K3B or nero) on the box without the burner and use the cd burner on the other box to do the actual burning. (in other words: I want to burn cds over a network)

Please Help!
    Thanks,
    Nikosapi

1)Is there some specific feature that Nero has which is missing from K3B? I think that they are both very nice applications
    2)I'm not quite sure, but you might be able to ssh in and use a command line program like cdrecord. Or setup a VNC Server, and Run K3B remotely.

Linux User
    1) Use K3B. From my experience it's better than Nero.
    2) Never tryed that, but try cdrecord as lakerdonald suggested.
    Linux registered user #358842
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Thanks guys, I installed tightVNC and it works very well! I can do anything on the other computer!

The problem is that I also want to be able to copy files to the computer with the tightVNC server running on it from the computer with the viewer on it. How should I go about doing that?

And I like Nero because of it's ease of use and all the cool stuff that it can do!

Linux Newbie
    Have you USED NeroLINUX ???
    If you havent, I assure you its not as cool as Nero 6.6 on Windows.
    I find it ( the Linux ver ) less in options and features than K3b. I installed it sometime back, burnt something on a CD-RW, played with the features, then uninstalled it. Its not yet fully developed. Only when I ever get something as good as Nero6.6-win for LINUX will I consider abandoning K3b.
    The most +ve point for Nero is that their CD Burning API is really great. The GUI part should be way more developed for NeroLINUX.

Linux User
    Well, I'll deffinetly continue using K3B since I think it's the best tool for burning.
    Linux registered user #358842
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.

http://joerghaeger.de/webCDwriter/

I did not use it but it looks like something you could use to share your burner.
    I\'m so tired .....