Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am back with another question. I cannot afford to get a hardware based modem right now, and probably not in the forseeable future either. So, my question is... How ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

IC Sharing

I am back with another question. I cannot afford to get a hardware based modem right now, and probably not in the forseeable future either. So, my question is...

How can I setup Internet Connection sharing using Dial-up. The Winmodem is on a Windows ME machine, and I want the Linux box to be able to go online without having to buy a new modem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    I cost is king then vnc from the machine with no net access to the one that does.

If your isp will cooperate, there are free http proxies for 2 and 3 machine networks, or if you are on linux learn to use Squid as a proxy which is free but not simplistic to setup if your new to linux or server apps on linux.

Just a few idea's
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    I fixed it. All I had to do was use Auto Detect for DHCP settings. So simple...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close