Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running Fedora core3 with an internal hardware modem (A-Open FM56-PX) which of course is not recognized by linux. Therefore I ran my Linux machine through a cross-over cable ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

internet connection

I am running Fedora core3 with an internal hardware modem (A-Open FM56-PX) which of course is not recognized by linux. Therefore I ran my Linux machine through a cross-over cable to my WinXP@ machine and hooked onto that internet connection via ICS. Works great, except!, I can only view text, (example Google) what is wrong? I can also read my email but no web pages. I am definitely new in Linux and I am desperately trying to get a solid fully functioning connection to the net. By the way I am using dial-up. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Pieter

you say you can only view text, i asssume u mean no pics load?

How long have you left the pages loading? Could be that on dial-up it takes a little while to download the pics.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!

internet connection thru LAN

Thanks for the reply. No I do get pictures and I think I have narrowed the problem to configuration erro in DNS or DHNS. Because I am connecting to the net through another machine I think my ip address does not match my ptr. I 'll get there somehow. Again thanks for the reply.
    Pieter

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close