I recently got a FC3 install up and running and the network is acting horribly slow. Things scream on my XP install so its not a cabling or hardware issue.

So far I've tried:
-pulling my linksys router out of the loop and going straigh to my ISP via dhcp, no change.
-The infamous ipv6 disabling prayer
echo "alias net-pf-10 off" >> /etc/modprobe.conf
echo "alias ipv6 off" >> /etc/modprobe.conf
-The less infamous tcp window scaling prayer
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_default_win_scale
or
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 0
net.ipv4.tcp_default_win_scale = 0
and
net.ipv4.tcp_moderate_rcvbuf=0
to /etc/sysctl.conf, followed by the cmputer's restart
(I tried various iterations of all these settings until one didn't complain, as they appear to be different for each linux flavor and hence each HOW-TO or help guide).

Each followed by restarts to no avail. The symptoms sound very much like those described by others who had results with the above. Some DNS queries take forever, some very long, some are fast. Some pages load, some stall half way, some don't load at all.

I've skipped the DNS caching stuff for now as there's no point caching results from an infinitely slow requesting mechanism, I'll do that once I can at least get the network to hobble along as a performance tweak.

So far no dice, network is supremely borked.

Anybody have similar issues? I've seen most of the problem reports like this coming from FC2/FC3 users, but have seen the same thing for a few other distros here and there also.

I've tried everything I could find in forums and FAQs, I doubt its a driver issue since sometimes things work (google will occasionally load up fast, but every few reloads or so it will also stall). Linuxforums.org also will occasionally load a post, or just hang forever.

YUM and up2date obviously stall and die so I haven't been able to try just updating everything (ala what a windows user would do first) to fix this issue.