Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I'd like to start saying that I'm new to linix. I have Xandros 3 OCE running in a dual boot configuration with Windows XP. I also use Knoppix 3.8 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux and a CNET CNIG-914 router

Hello!

I'd like to start saying that I'm new to linix. I have Xandros 3 OCE running in a dual boot configuration with Windows XP. I also use Knoppix 3.8 from the CD. I'm also using a CNET CNIG-914 router (there's another computer in my house conected to it). The problem is that Xandros nor Knoppix can connect to the internet at all! I discovered that the problem may be with the router because if connect my computer directly to my ADSL modem I have no trouble surfing. Has anyone here had a similar problem? Is it possible that the CNET CNIG-914 router is not compatible with linux or that there is something about the configuration of the router that I'm missing? Thanks a lot for your help!

By the way, I'm running Xandros on a Pentium 3 with 256MB RAM, my NIC is a Realtek 8139

The router is compatible with Linux. does the port work with XP? And hve you tried pinging the port yet?
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829