Find the answer to your Linux question:
what is relation between DB berkeley and squidguard i read some paper about squidguard and db berkeley .and in these pages worte that install db berkeley and squidguard but said ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Db Berkeley and squidGuard

what is relation between DB berkeley and squidguard
    i read some paper about squidguard and db berkeley .and in these pages worte that install db berkeley and squidguard but said nothing about what is relation beetween in 2 item.
    nowhere wrote that which config is essential for db berkeley or squidguard to know one another .
    plese help me about relation beetween db berkeley and squidguard

Linux Enthusiast
    All databases in SquidGuard is in BerkeleyDB format, thats the relationship. Since it is a text-file where you have your configuration and where you do your changes, you have to convert them when you are about to use them together with SquidGuard

Just Joined!
    thanks very much .i have 3 question...
    1.then noconfig is essentiall handly for convert text file to this format??? do this opeartion perform automatically????
    2.do exist a execute file for db berkeley to run it or if it is install it is running?
    3.how can i sure that db berkeley installes correctly and work true?

best regard

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    1.then noconfig is essentiall handly for convert text file to this format??? do this opeartion perform automatically????
    1. When you have installed your SquidGuard it comes with a set of pre-compiled configuration/database files fpr your usage. But I would strongly suggest you to check them out and remove/add your selection of sites and words that you whish to tag upon.
    2.do exist a execute file for db berkeley to run it or if it is install it is running?
    2. Try "man squidGuard"
    Else, the basic is that you do a "squidGuard -c <path-to-config/file> -C <sourceFile>", and make sure that youre current dir is the directory where your source file and database file is located.
    3.how can i sure that db berkeley installes correctly and work true?
    3. You will know as soon as you try to create your own database file. If Berkeley DB is not installed you will get an error that will be quite clear to understand.