Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a dhcp conection to internet and ai have a multiboot system, windows xp and suse 9.2. well, connection to internet is ok in both systems, but in windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DHCP problem, very weird

i have a dhcp conection to internet and ai have a multiboot system, windows xp and suse 9.2. well, connection to internet is ok in both systems, but in windows i have an ip and in linux another. and i've found out that the ip wich i have in linux no longer exists to my isp. i use bittorrent and edonkey and in windows all is ok, i don't have NAT error, or low id( in edonkey), but in linux a have Nat error and low id in edonkey. what is the problem? pls help me!!!!

scm
    Linux Engineer
    Are you using the same DHCP server for your Linux and Windows connections? Are you definitely using DHCP and not a static IP address on Linux?

Just Joined!
    definitely is the same server. i've watched in linux with dhcpd-test and this show me that i have the same adreses for dns and other, asame as in windows. plus, it shows me that the ip is the same like in windows, but when i'm on that kind of sites which shows the ip, is another ip. and, surely, i'm using dhcp with static adress.