Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a Netscape question! For a while now I have been unable to print anything out of Netscape mail or Internet without it sending about 15 empty pages ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Netscape Printing

Hi, I have a Netscape question! For a while now I have been unable to print anything out of Netscape mail or Internet without it sending about 15 empty pages first before the actual document being printed out.
    So if I print a one-page document I will get about 15 blank pages and then I’ll get that 1 document page. L . So far I have gone through all my settings, and yesterday I even installed the latest version of Netscape 7.1 tried to print and I still have the problem. My last resource would be to blast my ~.netscape directory and create a new one, but I don’t want to loose all my email settings and other stuff from it. So if anyone has seen this before and know the solution please advise.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Do you have this same problem with other applications when trying to print? Like using Open Office-write etc... ? Also what distro and version are you running and are you using cups?
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    Well, I am using Suse Linux 8.1 Pro, I am using Cups and I fortunately I do not have any problems printing with anything else, what I have to do now days is actually past the email content in OOo and print it from there, I can print from any other browser without any problems. The problem is specific to Netscape only
    I was only wondering if anyone has had this before in Netscape and added or removed a parameter in the Netscape config file to resolve the issue. It is ok if no has seen this before as I mentioned before I will have to recreate my ~.netscape directory and re-configure and then re-import my favourites, move my addressbook from original to the new directory. I guess that is all and if anyone knows of anything else I should do to guarantee that I would have Netscape back as it was before please let me know.

Many Thanks to all.