Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Yahoo DSL with wireless router HomePortal 1000HW. There are 3 computers in my appartment. One is connected via wireless card, the other through Ethernet port and mine is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

connecting to the internet using USB

I have Yahoo DSL with wireless router HomePortal 1000HW. There are 3 computers in my appartment. One is connected via wireless card, the other through Ethernet port and mine is connected via USB port. Under Win XP it works fine but Linux Mandrake 10 does not detect any internet connection. I have tried to create new connection manually (whatever is available using GUI) and there is no option to select usb port. Any ideas???

Linux Engineer
    A driver for your DSL modem? Since it's connected to USB, I don't think Linux will recognize it as a normal network connection...
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    Any idea on where to get it? I called SBC and they told me to call Linux. I searched for it on the internet and to no avail. Is there any good database with drivers for the linux? I also heard about some translator that translates driveres for the win into linux drivers.