Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just bought a Zoom external serial 56k modem running under Mandrake 10.2 limited edition. The modem appears to work beautifully. The operating system recognizes it in the hardware ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Modem connects - browser does not

I have just bought a Zoom external serial 56k modem running under Mandrake 10.2 limited edition. The modem appears to work beautifully. The operating system recognizes it in the hardware listing and dial up works, as the little pop up box appears and starts ticking away. Then, when I activate the browser, it cannot find any sites, even the Mandrake site. Any suggestions please.

Thankyou.

Check your DNS settings in /etc/resolv.conf. Try pinging an ip number.
    I\'m so tired .....

Re: Modem connects - browser does not

Quote Originally Posted by pppaaarrrkkk
    I have just bought a Zoom external serial 56k modem running under Mandrake 10.2 limited edition. The modem appears to work beautifully. The operating system recognizes it in the hardware listing and dial up works, as the little pop up box appears and starts ticking away. Then, when I activate the browser, it cannot find any sites, even the Mandrake site. Any suggestions please.

Thankyou.
    if you have lan card before you want connect to internet first disable it and use modem
    i think your problem solve

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close