I'm having a problem with NFS sharing that is more of an annoyance than an urgent issue, but I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

First of all, I'm using Fedora Core 3. The computer I'm connecting from has a properly functioning wireless NIC and the other computer (also FC3) is connected to the network via ethernet and acts as a router and internet gateway for the other computers.

OK, here's the thing: at first when I connect to a share on the second computer from the wireless one, everything is fine. Later on, depending on how much I use the share, the wireless card starts seeing network traffic constantly every second. I checked the traffic coming through, and the only connection is the NFS share, so that is what is causing the traffic. I should mention that this constant traffic of a few KB/s happens when I am not browsing the other computer or actively using the share (the share is still mounted, though).

I am stumped as to what could be causing this traffic. It is a little annoying because the activity light on the back of my computer blinks every second whether I am using it or not. I know I can simply unmount the share (or cover the light with duct tape ), but I am curious as to what causes the traffic. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot guys,
Eric