Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, i've got these two Linux boxes connected on ADSL connected through a broadband router. The SuSE machine is running KDE 3.2 & Debian is GNOME 2.8. When I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Networking SuSE 9.1 & Debian 3.1

Hey guys, i've got these two Linux boxes connected on ADSL connected through a broadband router. The SuSE machine is running KDE 3.2 & Debian is GNOME 2.8.

When I got to computer > network it says "Windows Network" (on both machines) and then
    when clicked, it's empty. WTF? There is no Windows happening here. I guess that's Samba or something but i'm a total networking newb so i don't know the zillions of acronyms and jargon.My goal is to play a network game of freeciv!

I look in a linux book for help first but the stuff was way too heavy, it left me clueless, so here i am
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521

You can use either Samba or NFS. I use Samba for linux to linux boxes as well as to win boxes. I have no experience however with NFS yet.
    registered Linux user #388382

Have you checked here first?