Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all. Im about to setup a wireless lan, using a linksys Wireless-B broadband router and matching reciever. Both PC's are running Suse 9.2 Pro, so I'm just wondering if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linksys wireless lan

Hey all. Im about to setup a wireless lan, using a linksys Wireless-B broadband router and matching reciever. Both PC's are running Suse 9.2 Pro, so I'm just wondering if there's anything I need to know before starting. (i had this setup with winXP and win2000, but have since switched to linux exclusivley, so i'm guessing the cd's that came from linksys wont do me any godd thanx in advance,
    Jeff

Re: linksys wireless lan

Quote Originally Posted by guitarinvegas
    i had this setup with winXP and win2000, but have since switched to linux exclusivley, so i'm guessing the cd's that came from linksys wont do me any godd
    On the contrary. I've just setup my wireless card using Ndiswrapper, which uses a windows driver to identify your card. So keep those CD's around!
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Just Joined!
    On the contrary. I've just setup my wireless card using Ndiswrapper, which uses a windows driver to identify your card. So keep those CD's around!
    Will do, and thanx for the response. Any tips on ndiswrapper? even a link or something? thanx again,
    Jeff

Here's the link:
    http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

I use Kanotix, which had ndiswrapper already installed, as well as an app to setup wireless (things like ssid, channel...).
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com