Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
mount : RPC : program not registered (error on Mandrake9.0)
(...this is what happens when we agree to teach a "new" distro, so my own fault..!)
Normally use RedHat7.2 to give class for Linux+ and higher...
Now agreed to try out Mandrake9.0, which, with an EVERYTHING install has some of the older useful rpm's missing. Actually sometimes I wonder at the sense in this, because RH8 also changes too many things,
- "linuxconf" made into a total GUI (pain) on Mandrake9
- "ifconfig" taken out of the "workstation" after install on RedHat8
current scenario: NFS problem
RH72 already mounted (seeing) an nfs vol/share on mandrake9 box. Working quite happily one way, but not the other way around....!??? Hmmmm. Mandrake gives the error above.
- nfs service restarted on both
- /etc/exports edited on both
- /etc/fstab edited on both
- netstat shows correct ports listenning on both
- redhat works, mandrake not
OK yes, before someone suggests I read something on the web,...I usually try all of these things before writing in. Have also been to Mandrake's site, still awaiting an answer.
Muchas Gracias in advance, Marc.
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
- Australia & England
The only time I have got this error was when my NFS service was not started - but as you say, you have started it!