Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I really don't know why it is doing something like that. It is the first time i've seen something like that happen when installing the madwifi drivers. The only suggestions ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I really don't know why it is doing something like that. It is the first time i've seen something like that happen when installing the madwifi drivers.

The only suggestions I can think of is to try a new distro such as SuSE 9.3 and also in the meantime, send the creators of the madwifi driver, the errors that you get when compiling the driver, perhaps they can shed some light on why this is happening.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!

Toshiba Mandrake SMP error resolved!

so here's what happened....
    Sometime in the upgrade....patching....urpmi....update process the 2.4.x.x.x version of the
    souce kernel were installed into /usr/src. It was installed with the appropriate symbolic links too. Apparently when I upgraded the kernel to 2.6 I did not get the souce files too!! Naturally when the Madwifi went to grab source to compile, it found 2.4 source and blew up.
    My soulution was as simple as
    root@machine uname -a to determine the PRECISE kernel version. In my case 2.6.8.1-12
    open mandrake update and search for that kernels' source mdk and install it. Mandrakes rmp manager intalled it to its default directory (/usr/src) and filled in the symbolic links.
    following root@machine:/home/user/madwifi/# modprobe ath_pciAt this moment, doc wiki for the madwifi driver all else went fine!
    Beware of a minor typo in the doc wiki written by Hugo Chasqueira. He states
    "root@machine:/home/user/madwifi/# modprobe ath_pciAt this moment, Mandrakelinux... "
    The space between ath_pci and the next part At this moment bit me once or twice but otherwise worked fine.
    Special thanks to J Redinger and AlexK for there tireless devotion to this little user masmanagement!
    joex

no problem, im glad that everything worked out.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2