Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does any one know how to port forward ssh conections for different users to different machines. I have a router firewall, running on Slackware 10.0 with 6 machines inside the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

iptables question

Does any one know how to port forward ssh conections for different users to different machines.

I have a router firewall, running on Slackware 10.0 with 6 machines inside the network. I would like to be able to ssh any and all internal machine from the outside, without making a pit stop at the router.

TIA

ytinrete

Linux Engineer
    As far as I know, you can't do that.. you can just forward the ssh connections to X machine.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Just Joined!
    why would you want to do such a thing?

maybe what you want can be done a different way?

Just Joined!
    Only way I know of how to pull this off is to set SSH to a different port on the target machines and port-forward said ports.

i.e.:

port 22 = Firewall
    port 2221 = machine one
    port 2222 = machine two
    port 2223 = machine three

Port-forward the 222x ports to their respective hosts..

But to portforward port 22 to all machines? can't do that.. no router in the world will let you do thatl.. not even CISCO can.

best recommendation I can think of is to ssh to the firewall/router of yours, then SSH out to the individual machines.
    That's what I do.

Just Joined!
    thnx all,

yeah the talk to router then individual machine route, is what I have been doing. However there are now multiple non linux users comming in to our office and I was trying to make things as simplee as possible for them.

again thnx

ytinrete